Saturday, October 23, 2010

Some late night sketches

So I was supposed to create a fullbody character for the last series of heads that I submitted...well, you know how that goes! So I wanted to draw a stylized warrior in a simple color combo, so this is what I came up with. This character is something I have been doing for a long time, its something I always go back to. I really like the eagle, I think it would be pretty cool if the characters had some living animal sitting on their head instead of the feathered or animal skin head dress...haha, now I have to draw a big ass jaguar sitting on some poor dudes head.

The bird was something that I thought would be cool yet creepy at the same time. The Aztecs were a pretty creepy people with all the death and blood rituals and I thought what if the aztecs took their pets and put some crazy skulls on them for sacrificial purposes. I thought it looked pretty cool.

I really liked the pose of the last dude I created, but it felt unfinished for some reason. So I tried it again in a different style, i tried to incorporate more sharp edges. Once I was done I stepped back and looked at it and started laughing at the face...He looks just like El Nando! hehehe!





No comments:

Post a Comment